What is for breakfast? Breakfast is one of the most important if not the most important meal of your day! You need to "Break" your nightly "Fast" with a healthy meal. Increasing your metabolism, with this initial meal, is key to your short and long term success. Not only will a healthy breakfast set your metabolism for the day but it has been shown to help minimize cravings throughout the day. A healthy balanced breakfast includes a lean protein, complex carbohydrate, healthy fat and maybe a small piece of fruit. If you are a creature of habit, which I am sure you are, you most likely tend to eat the same thing every morning. Let me guess... Oatmeal either a protein shake or egg whites and maybe a few berries!? Change things up, for once, and try out my favorite healthy breakfast burrito!
Gina's Favorite Breakfast Burrito
-1 low carb Tortilla Factory Tortilla
-1 oz Fat free Pepper Jack Almond Cheese
-4 egg whites
-1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
-1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
-1/2 cup Chopped fresh tomato
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro
-1/4 cup black beans (optional)
-Nonstick cooking spray, such as PAM
1. Place a non-stick skillet over low heat and spray with nonfat cooking spray.
2. Add onions and mushrooms and saute until soft and golden.
3. Add egg whites and mix together until cooked.
4. Heat tortilla and add egg mixture down the center of the tortilla.
5. Add cheese, cilantro and tomato over egg mixture and fold tortilla into a burrito.
6. If you are using black beans, place along side burrito and enjoy!